Saturday, February 19, 2011

Running with friends

I was beginning to think everyone had forgotten that they have an important job to do - taking me out for a walk...

It has been days since I was last taken out but finally Dad was home long enough to do it. We went down to Linear Reserve after dinner. I was enjoying myself in my favorite haunt having a good sniff around when along came three friends - one Border Collie and two Aussie Shepherds. After an introductory sniff, they were on their way but I was stuck behind still on my lead.

When they had got a little way ahead, Dad finally let me off the lead. "Don't run after them" he said. Huh! I was off, running with friends. Very pleasant! Mind you, it wasn't that easy to keep up, my legs weren't as long as theirs.

We said our farewells at the end of the park and I puffed my way home for a big drink and sleep to recover.

1 comment: